The Ageing and Health study can be divided into different lines of research. Each of them focuses on a group of protective or risk factors for physical and mental health:
- Epidemiology and nosology of mental disorders in the general population.
- Healthy aging patterns, determinants and critical points
- Mortality, trajectories and comorbidity patterns
- Analysis and prevention of suicidal behavior
- Nutrition and physical activity
- Cognitive performance and cognitive impairment
- Addictions and other risk behaviors